Privelişti şi atracţii
Utthayan Mueang Kao Pichit (The Old City Park) Mueang Kao Pichit_1435809709.jpg
Contact Details

Operating day : All Day

Operating time : 08.00 - 17.00

Share to :
Attraction Details

About 7 kilometers from town on the Phichit-Wang Chick road (No. 1068) is Utthayan Mueang Kao Pichit, or the Old City Park. The park features the ruins of an ancient town dating back more than 900 years. Most of the structures discovered were built during the Sukhothai and Ayutthaya eras. The old town is surrounded by city walls and moats, and during the Sukhothai period it was called Muang Sa Luang. It was situated on the original bank of the Nan River before the river changed its course, forcing the town to relocate to the new bank in circa 1881 during the reign of King Rama V.In the town center is Wat Phra Si Rattana Mahathat with its large bell-shaped Chedi (stupa), inside of which hundreds of precious votive tablets were found. In front of the Chedi are the remains of a Wihan (image hall). There are scores of small Chedis scattered around the site. There is also an arboretum, a peaceful place for visitors to relax, as well as sculptures of important characters from Thai literature. The Old City Park is located on Phichit-Wang Chik Road, about 8 kilometers from Phichittownship. It is open daily from 8.00 am-5.00 pm. 

Read more
Submit inquiries and request for more information:
Name :
E-Mail :
Current Country :
Message :